Cooking with Cannabis
Cooking with Cannabis
Cooking with Cannabis
“The THC Fried Prawns”
Making your Canna-Oil:
Ingredients for Canna-Oil
• 1-1½ ounces of finely ground cannabis, trim or buds
• 28 ounces of oil
Instructions for Canna-Oil
• Boil your oil in the saucepan on a low to medium heat. Make sure it does not burn.
• Once hot, drop in the 1-1½ ounces of finely ground cannabis and stir constantly. Keep in mind to keep it at low to medium heat.
• Let it slow cook for about 1.5-2 hours.
• Pour the mixture through a cheese cloth into a jar.
• Store in the fridge and you’re done!
Ingredients for THC Fried Prawns
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1½ tablespoon garlic salt
• 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 beaten egg yolks
• 1½ cups beer or water
• ½ quart vegetable oil for frying
• ½ quart canna-oil
• 3 pounds of prawns
Instructions for THC Fried Prawns
For the first step, you are going to need 2 separate bowls, as you are going to be mixing different ingredients together. In the first bowl, mix together 3 cups of all-purpose flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and paprika. In the other bowl, mix together 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour, salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, beaten egg yolks and beer. If the batter came out too thick, add additional beer to the mix until the batter is consistent.
Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Moisten each of the prawns with a little bit of water, then dip it in the dry mix in the first bowl. Shack off the excess and dip it in the wet mix in the second bowl. After that, dip it in the dry mix once again, and continue to do so back and forth. This process will tenderize the prawns and make the mixture stick.
Place the battered prawns in the oil that combined both regular oil and canna-oil. Leave it in the fryer for approximately 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Once the prawns are cooked, remove them from the fryer and place them on paper towel to absorb all the excess oil.
“Meyer Lemon Bars”
Making your Canna-butter:
Ingredients for Canna-Butter
• ¼ ounce of finely ground cannabis buds
• ½ cup (one stick) unsalted butter
Instructions for Canna-Butter
• Melt the butter on low heat in the saucepan.
• Add the ground buds and stir constantly until mixed.
• Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.
• Strain the butter into a glass dish with a tight-fitting lid.
• Use your Canna-Butter immediately or refrigerate until use.
Ingredients for the Crust of Meyer Lemon Bars
• 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup powdered sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 4 tablespoon Canna-butter
Ingredients for the Filling of Meyer Lemon Bars
• 7 large egg yolks
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup and 2 tablespoon sugars
• 2/3 cup Meyer lemon juice (From approximately 4-5 medium size lemons)
• Finely grated zest from the lemons
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoon canna-butter
• 3 tablespoon heavy cream
Instructions for the Crust of Meyer Lemon Bars
• Cover a 9 inches square cake pan with two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, perpendicular to each other.
• Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
• Put the flour, powdered sugar and salt in a food processor and process briefly for about 2 seconds.
• Add the butter and canna-butter and process to blend for about 8 to 10 seconds.
• Process until the mixture is pale yellow and resembles coarse meal about three 1 second pulses.
• Sprinkle the mixture into the prepared cake pan and press into it firmly with your fingers until you get an even layer over the entire bottom of the pan.
• Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Bake the crust for approximately 25 minutes until it become golden brown.
Instructions for the Filling of Meyer Lemon Bars
• Whisk together the egg yolks and whole eggs in a medium saucepan until combined.
• Mix together the sugar, Meyer lemon juice, zest and salt for 30 seconds until combined.
• Add the butter and canna-butter together to cook over a medium to low heat.
• Set the heat to 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
• Stir constantly for 6 minutes with a wooden spoon until the curd thickens to a thin sauce consistency.
• Immediately pour the curd through a fine-wash steel strainer and set over a medium bowl.
• Stir in the heavy cream and pour the curd into the warm crust.
• Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the filling is shiny and opaque with 3 inches of the center jiggle slightly when shaken.
• Cool it on a wire rack in room temperature for approximately 45 minutes.
• Remove the bars from the pan and transfer it to a cutting board.
• Cut it into 2 inches squares and wipe the knife blade clean between cuts as necessary.
• Sprinkle powdered sugar over the bars with a sieve to finish.